The main square in Vipava with Plečnik's monument - With the emergence of of the Cooperative Home in 1948-1950 and the emergence of Plečnik's monument to the fallen on 5 October 1952, Vipava's second square was finally formed, named Titov trg in 1985, and now Glavni trg, which is today the distinctive sign of Vipava. On a small platform made of granite blocks stands a cubic concrete plinth surrounded by four cylindrical flower pots. On the base is a base with a pillar, in which two squares with inscriptions are embedded, and on top, as a symbol of viticulture, is a capitol made of four massive vine leaves with clusters.
Lanthieri Manor with park - The noble Lanthieri family, originally from the Brescia area, moved to Goriška in the second half of the 15th century. The Vipava castle, which Valvasor calls the New Castle, was built around 1659 by Anton V. Lanthieri: this is evidenced by the year carved on the key of the portal that leads from the palace to the bridge behind it.
Tabor Castle and the Old Bridge - At least two tower mansions stood in the late Middle Ages on the site, which around 1500 was mostly enclosed by the still preserved walls of the Vipava anti-Turkish camp.
Wine Museum - The Wine Museum in the vaulted cellar of the Lanthieri Manor houses collections of vine-growing, viticulture and winemaking, which testify to the rich tradition of tending the vine on Vipava soil.
Vipava River springs - Just a few steps from the main square in Vipava are the 2 main springs of the Vipava River, Podfarovž and Podskala. In addition to these springs, the springs behind Tabor, in Podlipca, in Jama and in Sleženec are also central. The Vipava River is the only river in Europe with a deltaic source.
Pavel Rušta Square - Older locals in Vipava still call it the Old Square. The place was recorded under this name in a document from 1367, when the local inhabitants of Trnovo were granted the right to hold their own fair.
Egyptian sarcophagi - The sarcophagi date from around 2450 BC. n.a. Today, the remains of Lavrin's parents and son Albert rest in them. The two sarcophagi are the most important landmarks of the Vipava cemetery.
Church of St. Stephen - St. The church of St Stephen dates from between 1460 and 1465. It is a remarkable building type, consisting of a rectangular nave and a long double-pile nave with a five-bay end, surrounded by five double-stepped outer buttresses.
Old Castle - The ruins stand on a steep outcrop above the square, on a small plateau on the slope of Nanos. In prehistoric times, a settlement stood on the site, and around 1100 it was reoccupied by the Counts of Bogen, who shared the property with the Patriarchs of Ogle; the northern part of the castle, the Romanesque "bergfrid", was probably built at that time.
Spletna stran za nemoteno delovanje uporablja piškotke
Spletna stran za delovanje uporablja samo nujno potrebne piškotke, za katere ne potrebujemo vaše privolitve. Brez namestitve teh piškotkov, vam nemotenega dostopa do spletne strani ne moremo omogočiti.
Za več informacij si preberite Politika piškotkov.