This oriented pilgrimage church stands on the Obelunec hill, which rises above Goče. Leading to the walled area with the church is a staircase, on the top of which there is a portal with two columns topped with obelisks. The church was first mentioned in 1650. It was probably built in the first half of the 17th century - around 1611 according to some assumptions. The building was reconstructed in the 1840s. The ceiling of the presbytery and the vault features frescoes of the Immaculate Heart of Mary with flower vases. The pillared high altar, made of plaster, is dedicated to the Virgin Mary. The wooden statue of Saint Mary Major in the frescoed altar niche was made in 1965 by Tone Kralj.
Spletna stran za nemoteno delovanje uporablja piškotke
Spletna stran za delovanje uporablja samo nujno potrebne piškotke, za katere ne potrebujemo vaše privolitve. Brez namestitve teh piškotkov, vam nemotenega dostopa do spletne strani ne moremo omogočiti.
Za več informacij si preberite Pravilnik o piškotkih.